Frank Jackson10 BAILEY (DAVID
JACKSON9, DAVID SOLOMON8, ORANGE7, SMITH6, THOMAS5, OLIVER4, EPHRAIM3,
JOHN2, JOHN (HADDAM FOUNDER)1) was born in Liberty Township, Valley
Co., NE April 29, 1886. Frank died March 15, 1968 in Los Angeles
Co., CA, at 81 years of age.
He married BROWN, Lydia Corinna
in Kalispell, Flathead Co., MT, September 4, 1912. At the time
of their marriage Frank's residence was Kalispell, Montana; Lydia's
residence was Creston, Montana. The marriage was witnessed by:
Marcus L. Bailey and Miss Olive Brown.
Lydia was born in Sioux City, Woodbury Co., IA September 13, 1891. She was the daughter of BROWN, Abraham Lincoln and PLIMPTON, Neva Genevive. Lydia died December 25, 1971 in Granada Hills, LA Co., CA, at 80 years of age.
(See Brown Family for more information).
Jerry remembers tales his grand dad told about being a farmer and stock-raiser. He first homesteaded near Kalispell, Montana about 1912. There he raised cattle, logged timber, produced vegetables from a garden, and depended on elk and deer hunting to provide for his family. About 1918 he removed to Kendrick, ID and there produced wheat.
Frank moved to Kendrick, ID with his family about 1903. His father worked as a logger and farmer.
BAILEY, Frank Jackson and BROWN, Lydia Corinna had the following children:
i. Beulah Opal BAILEY was born in Kalispell, Flathead Co., MT July 25, 1913. Beulah died January 4, 1916 in Kalispell, Flathead Co., MT, at 2 years of age.
+ii. Velma Veda11 BAILEY was born in Kalispell, Flathead Co., MT October 21, 1914.
iii. Vernon Frank BAILEY was born October 27, 1917 in Kalispell, Flathead Co., MT.
iv. Hazel May BAILEY was born in Deary, Latah Co, ID May 20, 1919.
v. Neva Muriel BAILEY was born in Lewiston, Nez Perce Co., ID November 7, 1924.
· Frank Bailey was a farmer and stock-raiser. He first homesteaded near Kalispell, Montana about 1912. There he raised cattle, logged timber, produced vegetables from a garden, and depended on elk and deer hunting to provide for his family.
· Frank Bailey and brother Len joined the Montana Militia about 1914
About 1918 he removed to Texas Ridge near Kendrick, ID and there produced wheat.
· 1920 United States Federal Census: Bailey, Frank; Age: 32; Year: 1920; Birthplace: Nebraska; Roll: T625_292; Race: White; Page: 6A; State: Idaho; ED: 111; County: Latah; Township: Texas Ridge
· Later during the mid 1920s here moved again to Lewiston, ID and raised fruit and vegetables. In the mid 1930s he gave up farming and brought his family to California where he found work as a gardener until he retired after WWII.
· From: California Death
BAILEY, FRANK J 04/29/1886 PIERCE d. LOS ANGELES(70); 03/15/1968 ssn: 562-09-2680 81 yrs
1. "Frank Jackson Bailey's Obituary"
2. "Family Bible of Lillian Amanda (PIERCE) Bailey", transcribed by Curtis Pierce Bailey, 1972.
3. "Velma Veda Bailey's Birth certificate" 4. "Neva Brown's Family Bible", as copied by Lydia Corinna Brown and later transcribed by Lon Dew Brown.
Lydia Brown's Family History
Grandma grew up in Montana
and had some great stories to tell about her BROWN family.
She kept hand written notes about her family in her Bible.
Lydia Corinna BROWN, wife of Frank Jackson Bailey, was born 13 SEP 1891 in Sioux City, Woodbury, IA. She died 25 DEC 1971 in Los Angeles, CA.
Generation 2 (parents)
Abraham Lincoln BROWN was born 25 NOV 1864 in Philadelphia, Jefferson, NY. He died 8 AUG 1948 in Creston, Flathead, MT. Neva Genevive PLIMPTON was born 2 JUN 1870 in Zanesville, Muskingum, OH. She died 8 APR 1939 in Creston, Flathead, MT.
Generation 3 (grandparents) John Galway BROWN was born 8 AUG 1833 in Jefferson, NY. He died 28 MAR 1915 in Creston, Flathead, MT. Lucy PASSINO was born 17 JAN 1838 possibly in NY or Canada. She died 3 FEB 1917 in Creston, Flathead, MT. Charles Henry PLIMPTON was born about 1840 possibly in OH. Nancy ELLIS was born about 1842 possibly in OH.
Generation 4 (great grandparents) Samuel R. BROWN was born 7 AUG 1798; d. 12 JUN 1877 Maria WEEKS was born 5 OCT 1810; d. Gilbert PASSINO was born ABT 1815 in France. Mary ARMSTRONG was born ABT 1817. Calvin PLIMPTON was born ABT 1815.
Generation 5 (great-great grandparents) Solomon BROWN was born ABT 1775 possibly in NY. He was a drummer boy in the War of 1812. Mary GALWAY was born ABT 1776. Alva WEEKS was born ABT 1788 in England.